Question: kernel->memtest documentation

From: Nick Warne
Date: Sat Feb 21 2015 - 15:23:37 EST

Hi all,

I have had an issue on my server for a few months with random shutdowns.

Today I configured the kernel option 'memtest' (on 3.19) and it appears to work when I reading boot logs... but trying to research on what it does is non-existent.

Reading the code there appears to be no log if bad memory is found (or not, I dunno?).

Would I see anything in particular in logs if memtest does find something?

Is there a way to see if memory is mapped out to not use?

This appears to be a great option, but nothing on it's usage.

Maybe I am an idiot...

Thanks,

Nick
--
Gosh that takes me back... or is it forward? That's the trouble with
time travel, you never can tell."