Re: lz4: fix system halted at boot kernel x86_64 compressed lz4

From: Krzysztof Kolasa
Date: Fri Apr 03 2015 - 09:58:18 EST

On 03.04.2015 15:17, Greg KH wrote:
> What "previous patch"? None of my questions were answered here, so I have no idea what is going on at all. I'm going to have to just revert the original patch as obviously something is wrong, but no one will tell me what, so I'll just go back to the old behavior... thanks, greg k-h
again from the beginning:

commit:

https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/d5e7cafd69da24e6d6cc988fab6ea313a2577efc

halted my system on boot x86_64 kernel lz4 ( decompress error )

revert this commit is not required ( This patch improves security ), only slight changes I have proposed
in my first patch, modified this patch today and I send again to LKML and CC to overview.

This is a simple change to the analysis

I do not believe that only I have a problem with the 64-bit kernel compressed in lz4.

Krzysztof