[PATCH-v5 RESEND 0/5] i2c: pxa: Add support for PXA910 family of device
From: Vaibhav Hiremath
Date: Mon Aug 24 2015 - 02:02:03 EST
Sorry for not following up on this aggressively, was quit busy with some
other stuff. Resending this patch with Robert's Tested-By.
This patch-series is subset of the original patch-series, submitted
on 14 Jul 2015.
Link to Original Patch-series - https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/7/14/80
The first six patches have been already queued up for upstream. So this
patch-series is respin of remaining 5 patches.
- Basic testing on PMIC device on I2C-0 interface
- Boot tested on platform based on PXA1928
- Read few registers of PMIC (RTC, ID, etc...) during boot
V4 => V5
Link to V3: https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/7/14/80
- Dropped First 6 patches as they are already accepted, queued for upstream
- Fixed a bug in PATCH [5/5], where for non PXA910 devices it as resulting into
NULL pointer dereference.
For the record, pasting all the details from original patch-series -
V3 => V4
Link to V3: http://www.spinics.net/lists/devicetree/msg85904.html
- [PATCH 06/11] Removed unnecessary dev_err on devm_kzalloc() check
- [PATCH 06/11] Removed return check on platform_get_resource(), as
devm_ioremap_resource() does it for us.
Also, brought up the devm_ioremap_resource() function call in the execution
sequence, as no point in delaying it if we do not have resource.
It make sense, after this change.
- [PATCH 04/11] Typecast changed to 'enum pxa_i2c_types'
Also updated the subject line "Removed ==> Fix"
V2 => V3
Link to V2: http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-i2c/msg20059.html
- Removed PATCH [4/12] related to reset of I2C module.
Suggested by "Robert Jarzmik"
- Updated commit description for,
PATCH [11/12]: Mentioned reasoning about moment of clk_get code.
PATCH [12/12]: for DT property node.
- Added Acked by "Robert Jarzmik" to patched which he acked.
V1 => V2:
Link to V1 - http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2015-May/347012.html
- Fixed all comments from "Robert Jarzmik" and "Wolfram Sang"
- Dropped Patch
05/12: using core bus reset implementation - under work.
08/12: NAKed and dropped
- Separated DT binding patch from driver changes, for easy merge
Vaibhav Hiremath (4):
Documentation: binding: add new property 'disable_after_xfer' to
i2c: pxa: Add support for pxa910/988 & new configuration features
Documentation: binding: add sclk adjustment properties to i2c-pxa
i2c: pxa: Add ILCR (tLow & tHigh) configuration support
Yi Zhang (1):
i2c: pxa: enable/disable i2c module across msg xfer
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/i2c/i2c-pxa.txt | 18 +++
drivers/i2c/busses/i2c-pxa.c | 154 ++++++++++++++++++++--
2 files changed, 163 insertions(+), 9 deletions(-)
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/