Re: ip_rcv_finish() NULL pointer and possibly related Oopses

From: David Miller
Date: Thu Aug 27 2015 - 12:40:22 EST

From: Michael Marineau <michael.marineau@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 09:16:06 -0700

> On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 6:00 AM, Eric Dumazet <eric.dumazet@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Make sure you backported commit
>> 10e2eb878f3ca07ac2f05fa5ca5e6c4c9174a27a
>> ("udp: fix dst races with multicast early demux")
>
> Oh, interesting. Looks like that patch didn't get CC'd to stable
> though, is there a reason for that or just oversight?

All networking bug fixes are submitted to -stable by hand by me at a
time of my choosing. We do not use the "CC: stable" facility, as I
feel it pushes patches into -stable way too quickly and before the
change gets sufficient exposure for regressions in Linus's tree.

The patch in question got submitted last night.