Re: livepatch: old_name@old_addr scheme in livepatch sysfs directory

From: Jessica Yu
Date: Mon Nov 02 2015 - 04:08:42 EST

+++ Jiri Kosina [01/11/15 10:07 +0100]:
On Sat, 31 Oct 2015, Chris J Arges wrote:

Makes sense to me. Is there a reason why the sysfs entries are visible
to non-root users?

Well, kptr_restrict applies only to values printed using '%pK'. So if the
sysfs handler is using other printk() format string to print the pointer,
it'll be leaked out (and should eventually be fixed).

Hm, I think the func.n solution might be a good temporary fix for now.
Even if we do go with func@addr and use the '%pK' format specifier we
will run into the same problem at kptr_restrict == 2.

Jessica