Re: sched : performance regression 24% between 4.4rc4 and 4.3 kernel

From: Rik van Riel
Date: Mon Dec 14 2015 - 21:12:44 EST

On 12/14/2015 06:52 PM, Jirka Hladky wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have the results of bisecting:
>
> first bad commit: [973759c80db96ed4b4c5cb85ac7d48107f801371] Merge tag
> 'v4.3-rc1' into sched/core, to refresh the branch
>
> Could you please have a look at this commit why it has caused the
> performance regression when running 4 stream benchmarks in parallel on 4
> NUMA node server?

That is a merge commit. It contains no actual code changes.

> Please let me know if you need additional data. git bisect log is bellow.

It looks like "git bisect" may have led you astray.

I am not sure what debugging tool to use to figure out which
of the patches from some merged-in branch caused the issue,
but hopefully one of the people reading this email know a trick.

--
All rights reversed