Re: [GIT PULL] aio: a couple of fixes for 4.4

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sat Jan 09 2016 - 17:43:50 EST

On Sat, Jan 9, 2016 at 2:08 PM, Benjamin LaHaise <bcrl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Please consider pulling the following changes to fix a couple of issues
> reported by Dmitry from git://git.kvack.org/~bcrl/aio-fixes.git .

No. This is much too late for this kind of hackery. That second patch
in particular is both subtle and ugly, and is messing with lockdep.

No way will I take something like this the last fay before a release.

It's not even a regression, nor did you send me anything at all for
this release. Trying to sneak something in just before 4.4 is not ok.

Linus