Re: [GIT PULL] Backlight for v4.5

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Jan 14 2016 - 13:39:57 EST

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 1:44 AM, Lee Jones <lee.jones@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Some of the patches in this set haven't had as long of a -next
> soak-test as I normally like. This is due to a combination of
> me taking a vacation from -rc4 and unusually short -rc releases
> during the v4.4 cycle.

That makes no sense. The rc cycle for 4.4 was _longer_ than usual, not
unusually short. Exactly because I expected people to be off a bit
over the holidays. And while I have occasionally been off by a few
days for individual rc releases, every single 4.4 rc was on a Sunday
afternoon.

I've pulled the tree, but am baffled by your pull request.

Linus