Re: [GIT PULL] Backlight for v4.5

From: Lee Jones
Date: Thu Jan 14 2016 - 16:17:57 EST

On Thu, 14 Jan 2016, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 1:44 AM, Lee Jones <lee.jones@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Some of the patches in this set haven't had as long of a -next
> > soak-test as I normally like. This is due to a combination of
> > me taking a vacation from -rc4 and unusually short -rc releases
> > during the v4.4 cycle.
>
> That makes no sense. The rc cycle for 4.4 was _longer_ than usual, not
> unusually short. Exactly because I expected people to be off a bit
> over the holidays. And while I have occasionally been off by a few
> days for individual rc releases, every single 4.4 rc was on a Sunday
> afternoon.

For some reason I had it in my head that you usually release -rcs on a
fortnightly cycle. You can safely ignore the 'unusually short' part,
but the remainder still stands and should make sense. The patches in
this set have only had a few days soak test, but I'm hoping my AIAIAI
testing will stand and none of the builds will be adversely effected.
If they are, let me know and I'll fix posthaste.

--
Lee Jones
Linaro STMicroelectronics Landing Team Lead