Re: fou: dead build rule for fou6.o

From: Arnd Bergmann
Date: Tue May 31 2016 - 06:08:18 EST

On Tuesday, May 31, 2016 8:25:40 AM CEST Valentin Rothberg wrote:
> Hi Arnd,
>
> your commit fabb13db448e ("fou: add Kconfig options for IPv6 support")
> has shown up in today's linux-next. ./scripts/checkkconfigsymbols.py
> warned because of the following statement in net/ipv6/Makefile:
>
> +obj-$(CONFIG_NET_FOU_IPV6_TUNNELS) += fou6.o

Thanks for the report, that was indeed a mistake.

> The referenced Kconfig option does not exist, but I assume the right
> option is 'IPV6_FOU_TUNNEL'? In case yes, the modified #if block in
> the commit could be removed (redundant check).

It's supposed to be CONFIG_IPV6_FOU, not CONFIG_IPV6_FOU_TUNNEL.
I've put that into my randconfig builder now to see if I get any
other regressions with that. What happened here is that after my
incorrect patch, the file never got built, so I did not see build
errors either. However it is possible that I made another mistake
in the same patch and it needs more changes, so let me first check
if this one-line change works correctly.

Arnd