Re: Input-gameport: Add the macro "pr_fmt" for module "joydump"

From: Joe Perches
Date: Sat Sep 24 2016 - 14:01:22 EST

On Sat, 2016-09-24 at 19:45 +0200, SF Markus Elfring wrote:
> > It's purposeless, creates unnecessary patches to review
> > and generally wastes other people's time.
> I have got an other opinion about this.

Nice for you, not nice for others that have to act on
your patch proposals to get them forwarded upstream.

> > Please don't purposefully waste other people's time.
> I do not want to "waste" your time.

When a chorus of voices says to you that you are wasting
their time, perhaps you listen to their song.

> > It makes your patch proposals _less_ likely to be applied.
> The acceptance varies as usual.

Usual for whom?

It seems to me your patch proposals have a relatively high
unapplied patch percentage and there is an increase in the
number of upstream maintainers that ignore you.

> I see also another option.
>
> * Can the first three update steps from this small patch series be integrated
>   while the fourth needs further adjustments (where I went a bit too far)?
>
> * Do you prefer to squash the last two update steps together?

Yes, the overall number of patches should be minimized when
the suggested patches are highly related.