Re: ILP32 for ARM64: testing with glibc testsuite

From: Steve Ellcey
Date: Thu Nov 17 2016 - 19:19:27 EST

On Wed, 2016-11-16 at 15:22 +0400, Maxim Kuvyrkov wrote:

> > On Nov 9, 2016, at 1:56 PM, Yury Norov <ynorov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:
> >

> > > Below is the results of glibc testsuite run for aarch64/lp64

I have been running the glibc testsuite as well. ÂI have only run it on
an ILP32 enabled kernel. ÂUsing that kernel, top-of-tree glibc, and the
ILP32 glibc patches I have no LP64 regressions. ÂThere are 5 failures
in LP64 mode but I get them with vanilla top-of-tree glibc sources too.
They are:
nptl/eintr1 (I actually don't run this because it kills the 'make check')
debug/tst-backtrace5
debug/tst-backtrace6
nptl/tst-stack4
nptl/tst-thread_local1

In ILP32 mode I get 33 failures, they include the above failures (minus
nptl/tst-thread_local1) plus:

c++-types-check
conform/ISO11/inttypes.h/conform
conform/ISO11/stdint.h/conform
conform/ISO99/inttypes.h/conform
conform/ISO99/stdint.h/conform
conform/POSIX2008/inttypes.h/conform
conform/POSIX2008/stdint.h/conform
conform/XOPEN2K/inttypes.h/conform
conform/XOPEN2K/stdint.h/conform
conform/XOPEN2K8/inttypes.h/conform
conform/XOPEN2K8/stdint.h/conform
elf/tst-tls1
elf/tst-tls1-static
elf/tst-tls2
elf/tst-tls2-static
elf/tst-tls3
math/check-abi-libm
math/test-double
math/test-double-finite
math/test-float
math/test-float-finite
misc/tst-sync_file_range
nptl/tst-cancel26
nptl/tst-cancel27
nptl/tst-sem3
rt/tst-mqueue1
rt/tst-mqueue2
rt/tst-mqueue4
rt/tst-mqueue7
stdlib/tst-makecontext3

I am currently looking at these ILP32 regressions (starting with the
tls failures) to see if I can figure out what is happening with them.

Steve Ellcey
sellcey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx