Re: regression for m68k/coldfire

From: Waldemar Brodkorb
Date: Fri Feb 03 2017 - 10:17:52 EST

Hi,
Laurent Vivier wrote,

> Le 03/02/2017 Ã 01:35, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz a Ãcrit :
> > On 02/03/2017 01:10 AM, Greg Ungerer wrote:
> >> This is a limitation in the FEC support in QEMU.
> >> This works on real ColdFire hardware (which do support the
> >> FEC MIB stats registers from offset 0x200 - so not 5272).
> >> I sent this patch to the qemu dev list a couple of weeks
> >> back which fixes qemu:
> >>
> >> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2017-01/msg01781.html
> >>
> >> I do not believe it has been picked up by QEMU mainline yet
> >> (I will probably have to resend and push a little to get that done).
> >
> > QEMU upstream can sometimes take a while before they are merging patches,
> > but usually it helps containing the maintainer of this part of the
> > source tree directly.
> >
> > Unfortunately, mcf5208 is currently unmaintained [1]:
> >
> > mcf5208
> > S: Orphan
> > F: hw/m68k/mcf5208.c
> > F: hw/m68k/mcf_intc.c
> > F: hw/char/mcf_uart.c
> > F: hw/net/mcf_fec.c
> >
> > But you can try getting into touch with Laurent Vivier who is the
> > new maintainer of the m68k target. I have CC'ed him.
> >
> > Adrian
> >
> >> [1] http://git.qemu.org/?p=qemu.git;a=blob;f=MAINTAINERS
> >

> Use scripts/get_maintainer.pl on your patch to find the people.
>
> This patch is on the network part, so you should cc:
> Jason Wang <jasowang@xxxxxxxxxx> (odd fixer:Network devices)
>
> If you cc me, you add more chances to have a review ;)

I tried the patch on top of 2.8.0 qemu release and it works for me
with Linux Kernel 4.9.
Thanks for the hint and patch!
I hope Greg's patch get included in the next qemu release.

Btw: Laurent, are you m68k with mmu support are going to be included
upstream? I always carry an old binary for any m68k with mmu testing.

best regards
Waldemar