Re: regression for m68k/coldfire

From: Laurent Vivier
Date: Fri Feb 03 2017 - 10:23:27 EST

Le 03/02/2017 Ã 16:17, Waldemar Brodkorb a Ãcrit :
> Hi,
> Laurent Vivier wrote,

>>> QEMU upstream can sometimes take a while before they are merging patches,
>>> but usually it helps containing the maintainer of this part of the
>>> source tree directly.
>>>
>>> Unfortunately, mcf5208 is currently unmaintained [1]:
>>>
>>> mcf5208
>>> S: Orphan
>>> F: hw/m68k/mcf5208.c
>>> F: hw/m68k/mcf_intc.c
>>> F: hw/char/mcf_uart.c
>>> F: hw/net/mcf_fec.c
>>>
>>> But you can try getting into touch with Laurent Vivier who is the
>>> new maintainer of the m68k target. I have CC'ed him.
>>>
>>> Adrian

>> Use scripts/get_maintainer.pl on your patch to find the people.
>>
>> This patch is on the network part, so you should cc:
>> Jason Wang <jasowang@xxxxxxxxxx> (odd fixer:Network devices)
>>
>> If you cc me, you add more chances to have a review ;)
>
> I tried the patch on top of 2.8.0 qemu release and it works for me
> with Linux Kernel 4.9.

If you can send a "Tested-by:" to the mailing list, it would be great.

> Thanks for the hint and patch!
> I hope Greg's patch get included in the next qemu release.
>
> Btw: Laurent, are you m68k with mmu support are going to be included
> upstream? I always carry an old binary for any m68k with mmu testing.

I'm working to have the FPU included for now, that will allow to have
the linux-user qemu enabled for 680x0 upstream.

I have a 68040 MMU implementation that I will send after this step.
I didn't have a look to the ColdFire MMU (is there one?), but as 68040
is not the same as the 68030 one, I don't expect it works with coldfire.

Laurent