Re: [RFC 7/8] fpga-region: add sysfs interface

From: Moritz Fischer
Date: Wed Feb 15 2017 - 16:36:22 EST

Jason,

On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 1:15 PM, Jason Gunthorpe
<jgunthorpe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 12:54:27PM -0800, Moritz Fischer wrote:
>
>> Well I don't know ;-) With something fdt based we already have
>> parsers there,
>
> Not sure.. How does incbin work in DTB?
>
> We have the FPGA in a s/g list so we cannot pass the entire file to
> libfdt - is that consistent with incbin?

Well you could attach the (for lack of better word) blob to the beginning,
instead of doing incbin

> Can we force a specific alignment for the included data?

I'd say probably, but haven't checked.

> How complex will the userspace tool be to make the image?

Userspace can be as complex as it needs to be, imho, if it makes
kernel space easier & safer.

I'll need to do some more reading over the weekend before I can make
more sensible comments :)

Thanks,

Moritz