Re: 4.1 EOL

From: Jani Nikula
Date: Thu Nov 16 2017 - 04:12:06 EST

On Wed, 15 Nov 2017, Tuncer Ayaz <tuncer.ayaz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I don't follow why you think it's a different platform and how I might
> have "more" definitely shown v4.1 to be good, but I'll trust your
> judgement as a drm dev and not argue :).

You apparently have Sandy Bridge, the referenced reports are about
Broadwell and Skylake. Even if the symptoms you see are the same, the
root causes might be wildly different, needing a different fix.

I've learned the hard way not to make assumptions without detailed
information, which in this case I don't have. As in, I don't even know
for sure if you have Sandy Bridge or not, although it's alluded to in
your message.

>From my point of view, you're shouting regression while giving us
nothing to work with. You need to help us to help you.

BR,
Jani.