Use of GCC plugin instead ISO C

From: Progyan Bhattacharya
Date: Sun Feb 18 2018 - 03:07:11 EST

Hi Again,

According to last time talked, you said me to avoid "-Werror=pedantic"
flag to build the GNU specific plugins instead of Standard ISO C. I
changed my default compiler flags and tried to rebuild. But I am still
getting the same error messages at:

CC /***/Linux/tools/objtool/arch/x86/decode.o

All of them were arising due to same "-pedantic" flag being enabled.
1. Range expression in Case statements were not allowed.
2. Use of braced-group were not allowed in MACRO definition.
3. Pointer arithmetic with void pointer was not allowed.

I took a look on related Makefiles, but found none with "-pedantic" or
"-Werror=pedantic" flag.

Flags I found being used in compilation so far,

tools/objtool/Makefile:
-Wall -Werror -Wno-switch-default -Wno-switch-enum -Wno-packed
tools/scripts/Makefile.include:
-Wbad-function-cast -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wformat-
security -Wformat-y2k -Winit-self -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-
prototypes -Wnested-externs -Wno-system-headers -Wold-style-definition
-Wpacked -Wredundant-decls -Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes -Wswitch-
default -Wswitch-enum -Wundef -Wwrite-strings -Wformat

Compiler I am using:
gcc version 4.8.5 20150623 (Red Hat 4.8.5-16) (GCC)

Thanks in advance.
--
Regards,
Progyan Bhattacharya