Re: building in 32bit chroot on x86_64 host broken

From: Thomas Backlund
Date: Thu Jun 07 2018 - 15:35:05 EST

Den 2018-06-06 kl. 06:30, skrev Masahiro Yamada:
Hi Linus,

On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 6:54 PM Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
But once you *have* that particular Kconfig, I do think that "make
oldconfig" should just work. And it apparently used to.

So I think this is a behavioral regression.
That doesn't necessarily mean that he fix should be to revert.

If this is a regression, I am OK with the revert,
and it is the only quick solution.

It is a regression as the same "make oldconfig routine" has been working iirc since atleast 2.4 series kernels :)

But I dont see it as needing a "quick solution" revert if the "kconfig: only write '# CONFIG_FOO is not set' for visible symbols" is considered a "useful thing we want to keep"... I'd rather think waiting/working a bit for a proper fix is the better way then...

I can work around it for now (or keep the revert in our kernel builds for now) until it gets properly fixed...

Feel free to cc me on suggested fixes to test

--
Thomas