Re: Re: BUG: corrupted list in p9_read_work

From: syzbot
Date: Wed Oct 10 2018 - 10:49:16 EST

Dmitry Vyukov wrote on Wed, Oct 10, 2018:
> Back to the current patch, since as I said I am not confident this is a
> good enough fix for the current bug, will I get notified if the bug
> happens again once the patch hits linux-next with the Reported-by tag ?
> (I don't have the setup necessary to run a syz repro as there is no C
> repro, and won't have much time to do that setup sorry)

Yes, the bug will be reported again if it still happens after the
patch is merged (not just into linux-next, but into all tested trees,
but it does not matter much). So marking bugs as fixed tentatively is
fine if that's our best guess.

Ok, thanks for confirming...

But note that syzbot can test fixes itself on request. It boils down
to just giving it the patch and the base tree:
https://github.com/google/syzkaller/blob/master/docs/syzbot.md#testing-patches

.. and for clarifying that bit, let's try that! :)

#syz test: git://github.com/martinetd/linux e4ca13f7d075e551dc158df6af18fb412a1dba0a

"git://github.com/martinetd/linux" does not look like a valid git repo address.

--
Dominique