Re: [GIT PULL] PCI fixes for v4.20

From: Bjorn Helgaas
Date: Thu Nov 15 2018 - 02:13:10 EST

On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 11:48:39PM +0100, Borislav Petkov wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 05:21:54PM -0500, Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:
> > For the record, there's nothing wrong with that, it's just a condition
> > that I didn't expect. I have a fix in place that should avoid this in
> > the future.
>
> Actually, I meant the pull request URL.

My pull request URL was this:

ssh://git@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/helgaas/pci.git tags/pci-v4.20-fixes-1

> Here's some background info:
>
> https://lkml.kernel.org/r/CA%2B55aFyMxkS=8JzZ%2BROOAFkwR45EKBnQ0GUMQS4f%2Br_-fFWiEA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> and I kinda see the point of maybe not having your ssh username in the
> URL. Not that it is a big deal for us, k.org users though.

Sorry, I don't understand the problem. I have this in my .gitconfig:

[url "ssh://git@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"]
insteadOf = https://git.kernel.org
insteadOf = http://git.kernel.org
insteadOf = git://git.kernel.org

because I thought that was the recommended way (see the end of
https://korg.wiki.kernel.org/userdoc/gitolite). But that also makes my
request-pull:

$ git request-pull origin/master git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/helgaas/pci.git pci-v4.20-fixes-1

generate the ssh URL above. If I remove the insteadOf stuff from
.gitconfig, request-pull produces this instead:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/helgaas/pci.git tags/pci-v4.20-fixes-1

I'm happy to do either; just tell me which :)

Bjorn