[PATCH V3 0/6] PM / Domains: Allow performance state propagation
From: Viresh Kumar
Date: Wed Dec 12 2018 - 05:57:49 EST
This series adds performance state propagation support in genpd core.
The propagation happens from the sub-domains to their masters. More
details can be found in the individual commit logs.
This is tested on hikey960 by faking power domains in such a way that
the CPU devices have two power domains and both of them have the same
master domain. The CPU device, as well as its power domains have
"required-opps" property set and the performance requirement from the
CPU eventually configures all the domains (2 sub-domains and 1 master).
Based on opp/linux-next branch (which is 4.20-rc1 +
multiple-power-domain-support-in-opp-core + some OPP fixes).
Rajendra has already tested the previous version of this series and so I
have included his Tested-by for all patches.
- Include Ulf's patch (sent separately earlier) with this series.
- The performance state update code doesn't rely anymore on the power
on/off state of the genpd, it sets and propagates rate in all cases.
- That simplified a lot of code from V2 in _genpd_power_on().
- commit logs improved for few commits.
- and few more minor changes.
- First patch (1/5) is new and an improvement to earlier stuff.
- Move genpd_status_on() check to _genpd_reeval_performance_state() from
- Improve dev_pm_opp_xlate_performance_state() to handle 1:1 pstate
mapping between genpd and its master and also to fix a problem while
finding the dst_table.
- Handle pstate=0 case properly.
Ulf Hansson (1):
PM / Domains: Make genpd performance states orthogonal to the
Viresh Kumar (5):
OPP: Improve _find_table_of_opp_np()
OPP: Add dev_pm_opp_xlate_performance_state() helper
PM / Domains: Save OPP table pointer in genpd
PM / Domains: Factorize dev_pm_genpd_set_performance_state()
PM / Domains: Propagate performance state updates
drivers/base/power/domain.c | 207 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++----------
drivers/opp/core.c | 59 ++++++++++
drivers/opp/of.c | 14 ++-
include/linux/pm_domain.h | 6 ++
include/linux/pm_opp.h | 7 ++
5 files changed, 235 insertions(+), 58 deletions(-)