Re: Oops in rpc_clnt_debugfs_register() from debugfs change

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman
Date: Tue Feb 12 2019 - 10:05:04 EST

On Tue, Feb 12, 2019 at 02:57:34PM +0000, David Howells wrote:
> Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > - if (!xprt->debugfs) {
> > + if (IS_ERR_OR_NULL(xprt->debugfs)) {
>
> That works, though I don't much like the idea of there being an error there.
>
> Looking in rpc_xprt_debugfs_register() there are two now-dodgy looking checks
> on the result of debugfs calls.

now-dodgy checks are fine. Well, they shouldn't matter, I've sent a
patch that just gets rid of those checks.

Ideally no one should need to check of debugfs is ok or not, the fact
that these functions keep getting called is a bit odd, I can look into
that some more, it shouldn't be needed...

thanks,

greg k-h