Re: [GIT PULL] RCU updates for v5.1

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Mar 05 2019 - 21:13:43 EST

On Tue, Mar 5, 2019 at 4:03 AM Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Please pull the latest core-rcu-for-linus git tree from:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip.git core-rcu-for-linus

Hmm. I think this made my build time explode.

I'm bisecting, but it looks like my allmodconfig builds went from ~31
min to ~39 min with this pull.

NOTE! I'm not saying that the kernel slowed down. Just the *build*
(with the same kernel) slowed down.

It's odd, and maybe I did something wrong, so I'll have to
double-check the numbers, but I thought I'd mention it in case
somebody goes "Ahh, I did X to the include files, so now every
compiler invocation probably sees all of xyz and that will slow things
down enormously".

Linus