Re: [Lsf] [LSF/MM] Preliminary agenda ? Anyone ... anyone ? Bueller ?

From: Martin K. Petersen
Date: Mon Apr 29 2019 - 08:32:14 EST

James,

> But for this year, I'd just assume the "event partners" checkbox
> covers publication of attendee data to attendees, because if you
> assume the opposite, since you've asked no additional permission of
> your speakers either, that would make publishing the agenda a GDPR
> violation.

Speakers have proposed a topic by posting a message to a public mailing
list. Whereas not all attendees have indicated their desire to attend in
a public forum.

I don't think there's a problem publishing the list of people that sent
an ATTEND. My concern is the ones that didn't. And if the attendee list
is not comprehensive, I am not sure how helpful it is.

>From a more practical perspective, I also don't have access to whether
people clicked the "event partners" box or not during registration.
Although I can reach out to LF and see whether I can get access to that
information.

--
Martin K. Petersen Oracle Linux Engineering