Re: linusw/for-next boot bisection: v5.2-rc1-8-g73a790c68d7e on rk3288-veyron-jaq

From: Linus Walleij
Date: Tue May 28 2019 - 04:33:23 EST

On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 9:13 AM Guillaume Tucker
<guillaume.tucker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This commit has now been reverted in mainline. Would it be OK
> for you to rebase your for-next branch on v5.2-rc2 or cherry-pick
> the revert to avoid recurring bisections?

Sure I can do that, it's a one-off so why not. I rebased my
devel branch on -rc2.

> Ideally this should have been fixed or reverted in mainline
> before v5.2-rc1 was released, or even earlier when this was first
> found in -next on 13th May. Unfortunately it was overlooked and
> then spread to other branches like yours.

Usually what we would want for development trees is to ignore
any errors coming from a commit on a release candidate
branch, like -rcN, as it is not directly under our control.

Yours,
Linus Walleij