Re: [v4 3/3] coccinelle: Add script to check for platform_get_irq() excessive prints

From: Markus Elfring
Date: Wed Jul 24 2019 - 14:39:37 EST

>>> +if (ret != -EPROBE_DEFER)
>>
>> Is it appropriate to treat this error code check as optional
>> by the shown transformation approach?
>> Can this case distinction be omitted?
>
> I don't know what you mean here.

I suggest to take another look at the importance and relevance
of this specific source code search detail (including SmPL disjunctions).

> Do you want me to drop this part so that EPROBE_DEFER checks don't get removed?

No, not at the moment. - But I am still looking for further clarification
of the desired software design.
So I am curious how a corresponding agreement will evolve.

Regards,
Markus