Re: Linux 5.3-rc8

From: Ahmed S. Darwish
Date: Tue Sep 17 2019 - 16:52:45 EST

On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 10:28:47PM +0200, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
[...]
> I don't have any kernel logs old enough to see whether whether crng init
> times have been different with Systemd due to asking for randomness for
> UUID/hashmaps.

Please stop claiming this. It has been pointed out to you, __multiple
times__, that this makes no difference. For example:

https://lkml.kernel.org/r/20190916024904.GA22035@xxxxxxx

No. getrandom(2) uses the new CRNG, which is either initialized,
or it's not ... So to the extent that systemd has made systems
boot faster, you could call that systemd's "fault".

You've claimed this like 3 times before in this thread already, and
multiple people replied with the same response. If you don't get the
paragraph above, then please don't continue replying further on this
thread.

thanks,

--
Ahmed Darwish