Re: [GIT PULL] Please pull powerpc/linux.git powerpc-5.5-1 tag

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sat Nov 30 2019 - 17:48:52 EST

[ Only tangentially related to the power parts ]

On Sat, Nov 30, 2019 at 2:41 AM Michael Ellerman <mpe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> There's some changes in security/integrity as part of the secure boot work. They
> were all either written by or acked/reviewed by Mimi.

-#if (defined(CONFIG_X86) && defined(CONFIG_EFI)) || defined(CONFIG_S390)
+#if (defined(CONFIG_X86) && defined(CONFIG_EFI)) || defined(CONFIG_S390) \
+ || defined(CONFIG_PPC_SECURE_BOOT)

This clearly should be its own CONFIG variable, and be generated by
having the different architectures just select it.

IOW, IMA should probably have a

config IMA_SECURE_BOOT

and then s390 would just do the select unconditionally, while x86 and
ppc would do

select IMA_SECURE_BOOT if EFI

and

select IMA_SECURE_BOOT if PPC_SECURE_BOOT

respectively.

And then we wouldn't have random architectures adding random "me me me
tooo!!!" type code.

Linus