[RFC v3 0/3] Fix errors when try to build kvm selftests on specified output

From: Xiaoyao Li
Date: Wed Mar 25 2020 - 23:25:37 EST

Hi Shuah,

Hope you're happy with this version that I only touch KVM's Makefile.

I attempted to build KVM selftests on a specified dir, unfortunately
neither "make O=/path/to/mydir TARGETS=kvm" in tools/testing/selftests, nor
"make OUTPUT=/path/to/mydir" in tools/testing/selftests/kvm work.

This series aims to fix them.

Patch 1 and Patch 3 are the fix patch, please see the seperate for details.
While Patch 2 is more or less an fix for the future issue, since it works
without Patch 2 currently.

Changes in v3:
- Drop all the patches that touch things out of KVM
- Create OUTPUT dir in KVM's Makefile
- Correct the INSTALL_HDR_PATH in KVM's Makefile

Changes in v2:
https://lore.kernel.org/kvm/20200325140133.103236-1-xiaoyao.li@xxxxxxxxx/
- fix the no directory issue in lib.mk
- make kvm fixes seperate patch
- Add the patch to fix linux src tree not clean issue

v1:
https://lore.kernel.org/kvm/20200315093425.33600-1-xiaoyao.li@xxxxxxxxx/

Xiaoyao Li (3):
kvm: selftests: Fix no directory error when OUTPUT specified
kvm: selftests: Use the right INSTALL_HDR_PATH when OUTPUT specified
and MAKELEVEL is 0
kvm: selftests: Fix header path when built from parent level with O
specified

tools/testing/selftests/kvm/Makefile | 15 ++++++++++++++-

2.20.1