Re: [Linaro-mm-sig] Changing vma->vm_file in dma_buf_mmap()

From: Daniel Vetter
Date: Thu Sep 17 2020 - 02:23:41 EST

On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 5:31 PM Christian König
<ckoenig.leichtzumerken@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Am 16.09.20 um 17:24 schrieb Daniel Vetter:
> > On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 4:14 PM Christian König
> > <christian.koenig@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> Yes, exactly.
> > Not entirely, since dma-buf happened after drm chardev, so for that
> > historical reason the underlying struct file is shared, since it's the
> > drm chardev. But since that's per-device we don't have a problem in
> > practice with different vm_ops, since those are also per-device. But
> > yeah we could fish out some entirely hidden per-object struct file if
> > that's required for some mm internal reasons.
>
> Hui? Ok that is just the handling in i915, isn't it?
>
> As far as I know we create an unique struct file for each DMA-buf.

Yes dma-buf, but that gets forwarded to the original drm chardev which
originally exported the buffer. It's only there where the forwarding
chain stops. The other thing is that iirc we have a singleton
anon_inode behind all the dma-buf, so they'd share all the same
address_space and so would all alias for unmap_mapping_range (I think
at least).
-Daniel