Re: disabling CONFIG_LED_CLASS (SND_HDA_CODEC_REALTEK)

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Wed Oct 14 2020 - 03:55:04 EST

Hi!

> >> OK. At present you can't have it both ways, i.e., SND_HDA_CODEC_REALTEK
> >> with no LEDS. That driver apparently wants LEDS.
> >
> > Thanks but why have I gone for years without LEDS?
> > I do not need LEDS, I do not want LEDS, I do not have LEDS (that are
> > visible, usable, etc).
> >
> > Please make this selectable instead of forcing more bulk into my
>> kernel.

LED core is not that big, and this avoided some rather "interesting"
hacks IIRC. If Udo wants more config complexity, lets first make him
measure the benefits, second submit a patch.

But I'd suggest to just live with it.

And yes, we should probably get rid of "CONFIG_NEW_LEDS" symbol. That
one is actually useless.

Best regards,
Pavel