Re: disabling CONFIG_LED_CLASS (SND_HDA_CODEC_REALTEK)

From: Takashi Iwai
Date: Wed Oct 14 2020 - 04:07:55 EST

On Wed, 14 Oct 2020 09:58:53 +0200,
Pavel Machek wrote:

> Hi!

> > > Something like this?
> >
> > This one is more suitable for the merge :)
>
> That will still break the build if SND_HDA_CODEC_REALTEK=y and
> SND_HDA_GENERIC_LEDS=m, no?

SND_HDA_GENERIC_LEDS is a bool, and this selects the actual LEDS_*
stuff from SND_HDA_GENERIC, so the builtin vs module problem shouldn't
happen. So I don't think the suggested patch would break builds.
It'll hit an error at probe if the hardware actually uses the LEDs.

> Lets keep things as they are.
>
> Contrary to his claims, Udo very probably has LEDs in his systems...

Heh, a surprise :)

thanks,

Takashi