Re: [GIT PULL] Btrfs updates for 5.10

From: David Sterba
Date: Thu Oct 15 2020 - 10:32:52 EST

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 11:40:11AM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi David,
> On Mon, 12 Oct 2020 22:25:02 +0200 David Sterba <dsterba@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Mishaps:
> >
> > - commit 62cf5391209a ("btrfs: move btrfs_rm_dev_replace_free_srcdev
> > outside of all locks") is a rebase leftover after the patch got
> > merged to 5.9-rc8 as a466c85edc6f ("btrfs: move
> > btrfs_rm_dev_replace_free_srcdev outside of all locks"), the
> > remaining part is trivial and the patch is in the middle of the
> > series so I'm keeping it there instead of rebasing
>
> And yet, this entire pull request has been rebased since what was in
> linux-next on Tuesday (and what would still be there today except I
> dropped it because of several conflicts) ... it looks like it was
> rebased a week ago, but then never included in your "for-next" branch.
> So I supposed it has had your internal testing, at least.

I was on vacation last week and rebased the to-be-pulled branch on top
of v5.9-rc8 so there are at least a few days before the pull request is
sent.

The patch queue was feature frozen for 2 weeks, there should be no
surprises whether it's rc7 or rc8, but the latter contained a corruption
fix so it was desirable to rebase the development queue. Due to my
limited time I forgot to update the for-next branches, sorry. We do
enough internal testing of course.