Re: [patch 0/2] Documentation/process: Add subsystem/tree handbook

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Thu Dec 17 2020 - 10:06:52 EST

On Thu, Nov 08, 2018 at 04:49:04PM +0100, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> > Suppose I came along with my nifty new architecture, and it dragged in a
> > whole new set of timer and interrupt subsystems that duplicated a lot of
> > what's in the kernel now, but buried a few "local quirks" deep in the
> > middle. "Don't worry", I say, "we'll factor out the common stuff later
> > once we figure out what it is; I'd rather not deal with the bikeshedding
> > now". Correct me if I'm wrong, but I suspect I might just get a response
> > back from you. That's not how we normally do things.
>
> Darn. Not much I can argue about.

So, that thing.

I have this ontop of 5.10 along with most comments integrated.

Now, I'm thinking if I start sending those pieces which belong into the
main process documentation, the bikeshedding that is going to ensue is
going to be insane. And we have day jobs too, you know. :)

Thus, I'm also thinking that I should do this piecemeal and once we've
all agreed on one aspect and you've applied it, Jon, I'll carve out and
send the next. Rinse and repeat.

How does that sound, makes sense?

Thx.

--