Re: [patch 0/2] Documentation/process: Add subsystem/tree handbook

From: Jonathan Corbet
Date: Thu Dec 17 2020 - 12:54:07 EST

On Thu, 17 Dec 2020 16:05:37 +0100
Borislav Petkov <bp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So, that thing.
>
> I have this ontop of 5.10 along with most comments integrated.
>
> Now, I'm thinking if I start sending those pieces which belong into the
> main process documentation, the bikeshedding that is going to ensue is
> going to be insane. And we have day jobs too, you know. :)
>
> Thus, I'm also thinking that I should do this piecemeal and once we've
> all agreed on one aspect and you've applied it, Jon, I'll carve out and
> send the next. Rinse and repeat.
>
> How does that sound, makes sense?

Gee...a response from a two-year-old thread...it's taking me a while to
page all of that back in :)

I'd love to see this work get in, I still feel bad about my part in
stalling it before.

Piecemeal could certainly work, or we could just try the whole thing and
see what happens. We got Thorsten's reporting-issues tome in without much
trouble, after all, and that's bikeshed territory if anything is. But
whatever works is fine; send stuff and I'll gladly look at it.

Thanks,

jon