Re: [patch 0/2] Documentation/process: Add subsystem/tree handbook

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Thu Dec 17 2020 - 12:59:26 EST

On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 10:53:23AM -0700, Jonathan Corbet wrote:
> Gee...a response from a two-year-old thread...

You know how we love to document stuff, right? :-)

> it's taking me a while to page all of that back in :)

Here's the gist of your concern:

https://lkml.kernel.org/r/20181108074920.4c601ee3@xxxxxxx

> I'd love to see this work get in, I still feel bad about my part in
> stalling it before.

Why? It makes sense - you want the generic stuff which holds true for
the whole tree to be in generic docs. Read your example again and you'll
persuade yourself again. :-)

> Piecemeal could certainly work, or we could just try the whole thing and
> see what happens. We got Thorsten's reporting-issues tome in without much
> trouble, after all, and that's bikeshed territory if anything is. But
> whatever works is fine; send stuff and I'll gladly look at it.

Yeah, let's start slowly and small. We'll get there eventually... I
hope.

Thx.

--
Regards/Gruss,