RE: regmap: debugfs: fix a memory leak when calling regmap_attach_dev

From: Wang, Xiaolei
Date: Sun Dec 27 2020 - 21:29:31 EST

> Do you mean so?
>
> commit:
> 9b947a13e7f6 ("regmap: use debugfs even when no device")

> Please take another look at known information sources.

> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/Documentation/process/submitting-patches.rst?id=f838f8d2b694cf9d524dc4423e9dd2db13892f3f#n89
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/Documentation/process/submitting-patches.rst?id=f838f8d2b694cf9d524dc4423e9dd2db13892f3f#n121

> Which one do you mean by "another null point"?

How do you think about to check if calls of the function “kasprintf” succeeded here?
https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/v5.10.3/source/lib/kasprintf.c#L53

Will any more exception handling become relevant also for the implementation of the function “regmap_debugfs_init”?

> 9b947a13e7f6 ("regmap: use debugfs even when no device")

> Please take another look at known information sources.

> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/Documentation/process/submitting-patches.rst?id=f838f8d2b694cf9d524dc4423e9dd2db13892f3f#n89
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/Documentation/process/submitting-patches.rst?id=f838f8d2b694cf9d524dc4423e9dd2db13892f3f#n121

> Which one do you mean by "another null point"?

> How do you think about to check if calls of the function “kasprintf” succeeded here?
> https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/v5.10.3/source/lib/kasprintf.c#L53

> Will any more exception handling become relevant also for the implementation of the function “regmap_debugfs_init”?

Thanks for your suggestion, I will modify the commit log and add another null point check together with corresponding exception handling

Regards,
Xiaolei