Re: [GIT PULL 5.11-rc8] LED fix

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sun Feb 14 2021 - 15:56:52 EST

On Sun, Feb 14, 2021 at 12:31 PM Pavel Machek <pavel@xxxxxx> wrote:

> 92bf22614b21 is my rc7, and it is parent of the commit I want you to
> apply.

Oh, right you are. I looked at your leds-cleanup-for-pavel branch for
some reason, which was much older.

Anyway, it does the remote lookup with git ls-remote, and doesn't find
any matching ref for that 92bf22614 commit you gave it as a base, so
that's why it complains. You _could_ fix that by just pushing all the
tags you have locally to your remote too.

Have you changed your behavior wrt git request-pull lately? Because
that whole model you use is broken.

The "end" commit shouldn't be my tag (and it shouldn't be a SHA1). It
should be *your* branch name.

So what you *should* have used is something like

git request-pull master
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/pavel/linux-leds.git/
for-rc8-5.11

(assuming "master" is the upstream branch - which would be my
v5.11-rc7) without any odd SHA games or anything like that.

Linus