Re: linux-next: manual merge of the cgroup tree with the kvm tree

From: Paolo Bonzini
Date: Thu Apr 22 2021 - 03:47:11 EST

On 22/04/21 09:33, Vipin Sharma wrote:
First of all, I am sorry that my patch series has caused this trouble to
all of you. I am not aware of the correct way to submit a patch series
which changes files in more than one maintainer's territory. Any
guidance for the future will be helpful.

Vipin, don't worry as you don't have to do anything (and didn't do anything wrong, for that matter). It's all in the maintainers' hands; Stephen takes care of warning maintainers of what will happen in the next merge window, but as far as you're concerned you're all set.

You can check the current state of the merge in the queue branch of the KVM tree. This is what I plan to merge if Tejun agrees. That would be helpful indeed!

Paolo