Re: linux-mm@xxxxxxxxx - limping on a backup

From: Benjamin LaHaise
Date: Mon Jun 28 2021 - 09:53:55 EST

On Mon, Jun 28, 2021 at 10:46:07AM -0300, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> Well, the DKIM issue has been left unresolved for a long time.

> I saw on the bug conversation there seems to be no clear path to fix
> it?

Nobody had ever bothered to provide or figure out a test case. We have
one now and I'm working with Tucows to try to sort out a fix.

The fact of the matter is that the DKIM spec is broken and doesn't
properly address issues relating to transport of emails containing UTF-8
content over SMTP sessions which are limited to 7 bit transport due to
backwards compatibility assumptions.

-ben
--
"Thought is the essence of where you are now."