Re: [PULL] Add variants of devm_clk_get for prepared and enabled clocks enabled clocks

From: Andy Shevchenko
Date: Mon Jul 26 2021 - 09:29:33 EST

On Mon, Jul 26, 2021 at 3:33 PM Wolfram Sang <wsa@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > The idea is that you will send a PR to CCF maintainers instead of
> > patches, although it's expected that patches appear in the mailing
> > list beforehand anyway.
>
> Depends a little. For me, a Rev-by from the driver maintainer is enough,
> and I'll pick them. That lowers the burden on the drivers maintainer
> side. May not work for high volumes of patches, but for I2C this works
> enough.

AFAICT in practice it's a mandatory requirement in I²C subsys (in the
past you hadn't accepted a patch from us without a tag from the
maintainer) which makes it equal to sending PR by a maintainer. PR
makes less burden since subsys maintainer don't need to run many tools
or a tool many times to get the pile of patches.

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko