Re: [syzbot] BUG: sleeping function called from invalid context in _copy_to_iter

From: Shoaib Rao
Date: Tue Aug 10 2021 - 13:54:52 EST

On 8/10/21 2:19 AM, Eric Dumazet wrote:

On 8/9/21 10:31 PM, Shoaib Rao wrote:
On 8/9/21 1:09 PM, Eric Dumazet wrote:
I am guessing that even your test would trigger the warning,
if you make sure to include CONFIG_DEBUG_ATOMIC_SLEEP=y in your kernel build.
Eric,

Thanks for the pointer, have you ever over looked at something when coding?

I _think_ I was trying to help, not shaming you in any way.
How did the previous email help? I did not get any reply when I asked what could be the cause.

My question about spinlock/mutex was not sarcastic, you authored
6 official linux patches, there is no evidence for linux kernel expertise.

That is no measure of someones understanding. There are other OS's as well. I have worked on Solaris and other *unix* OS's for over 20+ years. This was an oversight on my part and I apologize, but instead of questioning my expertise it would have been helpful to say what might have caused it.

Shoaib