Re: [syzbot] BUG: sleeping function called from invalid context in _copy_to_iter

From: Eric Dumazet
Date: Tue Aug 10 2021 - 14:21:17 EST

On Tue, Aug 10, 2021 at 7:50 PM Shoaib Rao <rao.shoaib@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 8/10/21 2:19 AM, Eric Dumazet wrote:

> >> Eric,
> >>
> >> Thanks for the pointer, have you ever over looked at something when coding?
> >>
> > I _think_ I was trying to help, not shaming you in any way.
> How did the previous email help? I did not get any reply when I asked
> what could be the cause.

Which previous email ? Are you expecting immediate answers to your emails ?
I am not working for Oracle.

> > My question about spinlock/mutex was not sarcastic, you authored
> > 6 official linux patches, there is no evidence for linux kernel expertise.
>
> That is no measure of someones understanding. There are other OS's as
> well. I have worked on Solaris and other *unix* OS's for over 20+ years.
> This was an oversight on my part and I apologize, but instead of
> questioning my expertise it would have been helpful to say what might
> have caused it.

I sent two emails with _useful_ _information_.

If you felt you were attacked, I suggest you take a deep breath,
and read my emails without trying to change their intention and meaning.

If you think my emails were not useful, just ignore them, this is fine by me.