Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the origin tree

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon Sep 13 2021 - 22:12:34 EST

On Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 7:08 PM Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That patch works for me - for the ppc64_defconfig build at least.

Yeah, I just tested the allmodconfig case too, although I suspect it's
essentially the same wrt the boot *.S files, so it probably doesn't
matter.

I'd like to have Michael or somebody who can actually run some tests
on the end result ack that patch (or - even better - come up with
something cleaner) before committing it.

Because yeah, the build failure is annoying and I apologize, but I'd
rather have the build fail overnight than commit something that builds
but then is subtle buggy for some reason.

But if I don't get any other comments by the time I'm up again
tomorrow, I'll just commit it as "fixes the build".

Linus