Re: [RFC/RFT PATCH 0/2] x86: sgx_vepc: implement ioctl to EREMOVE all pages

From: Paolo Bonzini
Date: Tue Sep 14 2021 - 13:07:39 EST

On 14/09/21 18:42, Jarkko Sakkinen wrote:
Let's wait for this patch to be accepted first. I'll wait a little more
for Jarkko and Dave to comment on this, and include your "Tested-by".

I will also add cond_resched() on the final submission.
Why these would be conflicting tasks? I.e. why could not QEMU use
what is available now and move forward using better mechanism, when
they are available?

The implementation using close/open is quite ugly (destroying and recreating the memory block breaks a few levels of abstractions), so it's not really something I'd like to commit.

Paolo