Re: 2 s boot time regression between 5.17 and 5.18-rc4?

From: Jason A. Donenfeld
Date: Sun May 15 2022 - 18:27:00 EST

Hi Paul,

On Mon, May 16, 2022 at 12:09:20AM +0200, Paul Menzel wrote:
> Dear Linux folks,
>

> Looking at the timestamps I only just noticed a two second regression.
> The line below
>
> systemd[1]: Created slice Slice /system/getty.

Known thing, but not quite a regression, as it does unblock and continue
booting. IOW, there's no possibility it will hang forever. But that's
neither here nor there: your log says you're using systemd 250.4. This
was fixed and backported to 250.5 (and 251 of course), so try updating,
and the issue you're seeing will be gone. If not, do let me know.

Jason