Re: [RFC v1 net-next 6/8] net: dsa: felix: populate mac_capabilities for all ports

From: Vladimir Oltean
Date: Mon Sep 12 2022 - 11:52:44 EST

On Mon, Sep 12, 2022 at 08:47:47AM -0700, Colin Foster wrote:
> > This is true. I am also a bit surprised at Colin's choices to
> > (a) not ask the netdev maintainers to pull into net-next the immutable
> > branch that Lee provided here:
> > https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/YxrjyHcceLOFlT%2Fc@xxxxxxxxxx/
> > and instead send some patches for review which are difficult to
> > apply directly to any tree
>
> As mentioned in the cover letter, I don't expect this to necessarily be
> ready by the next merge window. But seemingly I misjudged whether
> merging the net-next and Lee's tree would be more tedious for the netdev
> maintainers than looking at the RFC for reviewers. I'm trying to create
> as little hassle for people as I can. Apologies.

What is it exactly that is keeping this patch set from being ready for 6.1?
There's still time...

It mostly looks ok to me, I'm in the process of reviewing it. You
mentioned documentation in the cover letter; I suppose you're talking
about dt-schema? If so, I just started off by converting ocelot.txt to
mscc,ocelot.yaml, since I know that the conversion process is typically
a bit daunting to even start.
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/netdevbpf/patch/20220912153702.246206-1-vladimir.oltean@xxxxxxx/