Re: [RFC/PATCH] backlight: hx8357: prepare to conversion to gpiod API

From: Linus Walleij
Date: Thu Oct 06 2022 - 05:03:40 EST

On Tue, Oct 4, 2022 at 10:35 PM Dmitry Torokhov
<dmitry.torokhov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Dmitry, could you fix this? Just patch away in gpiolib-of.c.
>
> Sure, I'll add a few quirks. I wonder what is the best way to merge
> this? I can create a bunch of IBs to be pulled, or I can send quirks to
> you/Bartosz and once they land send the patches to drivers...

When I did it I was sufficiently convinced that I was the only one patching
the quirks in gpiolib-of.c that merge window so I just included it as
a hunk in the driver patch. If there will be some more patches to that
file I guess some separate patch(es) for gpiolib-of.c is needed, maybe
an immutable branch for those if it becomes a lot.

Yours,
Linus Walleij