Re: [git pull] drm for 6.2-rc1

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Dec 13 2022 - 15:14:51 EST

On Mon, Dec 12, 2022 at 6:56 PM Dave Airlie <airlied@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> There are a bunch of conflicts, one in amdgpu is a bit nasty, I've
> cc'ed Christian/Alex to make sure they know to check whatever
> resolution you find. The one I have is what we have in drm-tip tree.

Hmm. My merge resolution is slightly different from yours.

You seem to have basically dropped commit b09d6acba1d9 ("drm/amdgpu:
handle gang submit before VMID").

Now, there are other fence changes in the drm tree that may mean that
that commit *should* be dropped, so it's entirely possible that my
resolution which kept that ordering change might be wrong and your
resolution that just took the drm tip code is the right one.

Christian? Alex? Can you please double-check what I just pushed out?

Linus