Re: [git pull] drm for 6.2-rc1

From: Christian König
Date: Wed Dec 14 2022 - 03:05:28 EST

Am 13.12.22 um 21:14 schrieb Linus Torvalds:
On Mon, Dec 12, 2022 at 6:56 PM Dave Airlie <airlied@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
There are a bunch of conflicts, one in amdgpu is a bit nasty, I've
cc'ed Christian/Alex to make sure they know to check whatever
resolution you find. The one I have is what we have in drm-tip tree.
Hmm. My merge resolution is slightly different from yours.

You seem to have basically dropped commit b09d6acba1d9 ("drm/amdgpu:
handle gang submit before VMID").

Now, there are other fence changes in the drm tree that may mean that
that commit *should* be dropped, so it's entirely possible that my
resolution which kept that ordering change might be wrong and your
resolution that just took the drm tip code is the right one.

Christian? Alex? Can you please double-check what I just pushed out?

Yeah, that's certainly not correct. The ordering problem b09d6acba1d9 fixed is back there again.

I'm like 99% sure that I did the right thing and my local drm-tip certainly at some point had the right conflict resolution because I've used that for testing the change.

The last 1% is that it's possible that I only fixed this on the build server and never pushed into the upstream repository.

Anyway we need to re-apply b09d6acba1d9 which should be trivial.

Thanks,
Christian.

Linus